Homesteading and Forum for Countryfarm Lifestyles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Hi from Arkansas!
What do you think about a Seed and Plant Swap Page? EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 3:18 pm by Arkyrick

» Guinea hens
What do you think about a Seed and Plant Swap Page? EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 6:08 pm by KC574

» Greetings from Arizona
What do you think about a Seed and Plant Swap Page? EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 6:01 pm by KC574

» Shetland lambs fencing
What do you think about a Seed and Plant Swap Page? EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 1:11 pm by Thistle

» Did my doe miscarry?
What do you think about a Seed and Plant Swap Page? EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 1:03 pm by Thistle

» our farm dogs
What do you think about a Seed and Plant Swap Page? EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 8:19 am by hettick1

» new member intro
What do you think about a Seed and Plant Swap Page? EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 7:26 am by hettick1

» Pink eye in cattle
What do you think about a Seed and Plant Swap Page? EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 11:54 pm by Admin

» Our Farm dog Jake
What do you think about a Seed and Plant Swap Page? EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 11:32 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Poll

What do you think about a Seed and Plant Swap Page?

2 posters

Go down

What do you think about a Seed and Plant Swap Page? Empty What do you think about a Seed and Plant Swap Page?

Post  Admin Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:32 pm

Countryfarm Lifestyles is thinking about creating an heirloom seed and plant swap section on the website, where open-pollinated seeds and plants can be saved and passed on to others.

However, it would involve quite a lot of administration and time in setting up. However, we are more than willing to do so, if there is a demand. We would like to hear from you, our readers as to whether you would be interested.

The basic concept is that you join our mailing list for $10 a year and receive a weekly newsletter on who has seeds and plants to swap worldwide. You would have access to the person concerned through their contacting details and then you could negotiate what it was that you could swap or just receive without a swap, as perhaps later on, you will have some seeds or plants to offer the list in time.

We will also hold a monthly competition for a chance to win some rare heirloom plants or vegetables and even a plant or two in bulbs, roses or fruit trees, etc. As our membership grows we would look at monthly competitions for each section: Herbs, Vegetables, Bulbs, Fruit Trees, Garden Plants, Roses etc.

This is just a rough concept at this stage. We would appreciate your feedback on interest - no pressure to join - Laughing we just want an indication of interest, and how we could refine the process if you have any additional ideas.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.countryfarm-lifestyles.com

Back to top Go down

What do you think about a Seed and Plant Swap Page? Empty No Responses?

Post  Admin Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:56 am

Still waiting for some feedback, positive or negative about this topic. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks
Kathryn
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.countryfarm-lifestyles.com

Back to top Go down

What do you think about a Seed and Plant Swap Page? Empty Re: What do you think about a Seed and Plant Swap Page?

Post  GypsyWandering Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:29 am

I think this is a great idea.
I have many types of squash, pumpkin etc, as well as to many native varieties of plants to mention. Some being login berry, grape, many wild fruits. A variety of dent corn, a large variety of herbs. I also have many types of lettuce and greens that are unusual.

Im always on the look out for good dent corns that are solid color. Squash of any kind, gourds, shoot, Im always interested in just about anything I can stick in the ground.

GypsyWandering

http://www.pet-rabbit.netfirms.com

Back to top Go down

What do you think about a Seed and Plant Swap Page? Empty Re: What do you think about a Seed and Plant Swap Page?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum